"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



4.1.13

Saying Good Bye

Life with Ryan is improving.....and getting to feel normal.....it's wonderful.....
Today I received an email from Ryan's social worker that the foster mother had called, leaving a message with the social worker demanding to know when she would get to see Ryan again (note to self, call the Greats to tell them how amazing I still think they are!)....the social worker contacted me via email asking me to write a letter so that foster mom can have closure.  After talking to social worker on the phone, we had a draft of a letter but it didn't sit well with me as my intention isn't to bash them but to say good bye to them so I called our social worker who walked me through what I think was a great good bye and thank you letter.  It was sent and two hours later the foster mother had contacted the social worker demanding to know how we are allowed to do that, how foster parents need to be aware that this can happen (that's what the training class is for) and how unfair it is to her.  Needless to say, while talking to birth mom (about other things) I believe that we made the right choice for our son and we are moving up and on wards.  I kinda feel bad for foster mom but she can't be bad mouthing me to the birth mom, and claiming to be a Christian......more on that soon!

1 comment:

  1. As far as I know saying good bye is covered in the foster parent training, it sounds to me like you just got a "bad egg" who is making the situation more complicated then it needs to be. I think that you are forging and embracing the relationships that are going to add to Ryan's life and are letting go of the ones that might just be confusion.

    ReplyDelete