"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



20.11.09

In my arms

I think one of my favourite times of day with Adrien are those moments right before he falls asleep. It's not because I am free for a bit but because I love cuddling him, listening to his breathing slow down as he nods off, the smell of him fresh from a bath with his little hand touching my skin as he falls asleep. I would love nothing better than to stay in this position with him until the sun rose but there are things I must do before I go to bed. I am treasuring these moments because I know they won't last forever. I remember rocking my nieces to sleep and how saddened I was the last time the eldest fell asleep oneabout a year ago knowing it was probably the last time. So with Adrien, for right now, I'm going to relish the peacefulness and closeness of his bed time routine. Good night my baby, sweet dreams and I know they're sweet cause I see the smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment