"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



23.10.10

Crochet

In second year college, my friend taught me now to make a granny square with a crochet hook (and because she was left handed, that is how I crochet to this day and CAN NOT for the life of me, flip it!).....I dabbled in blanket making for many many years......I made EVERYONE I knew a blanket....and their babies......then my mother in law taught me how to do all the different types of stitches and tried to teach me to read a pattern.....the pattern reading was a no go.....About two years ago, a girlfriend and I bought a book and taught ourselves how to read patterns and since then I have been making hats, scarves, arm warmers, ponchos and more blankets for anyone and everyone that wanted one! But I had never made anything for my son....I couldn't find anything that I thought he would like, until I came upon this pattern yesterday......He loves it....I love it! Now I'm going to try to make him a sweater....wish me luck!





pattern from http://bugalugshandmade.blogspot.com/2010/05/broom-broom-boys-beanie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment