"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



20.10.11

10 Years

10 years ago I married a man.....a man that I wanted to share my life with, build a family with, spend time with and just be with. There were many people telling us that it wouldn't last, that we had too many issues individually and as a couple ... Surprisingly they were right, we did have a lot of baggage.... we had a lot of child hood hurt, we had a lot of healing to do. But the one thing we knew was that we wanted a family....a family of our own, lots and lots of children to love and nurture. And right from the start that was a struggle.....we fought, we were angry and we were hurt, but within that we found a way to nurture each other, to support each other and to love each other. Today, I can honestly say that I love my husband to a degree that I did not know was possible, he is my confidante, my cheer leader, my partner and a fabulous father to our son. And though the first 10 years had a LOT of bumps.....I think we have ironed them out wonderfully and are able to enjoy each other, love each other and accept each other for who we are. We make each other stronger, we make each other smarter and we make each other better as people in our world. I look forward to many many many more years with this wonderful man that I am lucky enough to call my husband and life partner.







And now a poem that was read to us, by our friends and family during our ceremony........
Now we feel no rain, for each of us will be a sheltar to the other.Now we feel no cold, for each of us will be warmth to the other.Now there is no loneliness, for each of us will be a companion to the other.We are two bodies, but there is one life before us and one home.When evening falls, I'll look up and there you will be.I'll take your hand; you'll take mine and we'll turn togetherto look at the road we travelled to reach this:the hour of our happiness.It stretches behind us, even as the future lies ahead.A long and winding road, whose every turning means discovery.Old hopes, new laughter, shared fears.The adventure has just begun.--Author Unknown







I love you Babe..... and not to sound corny, but you do complete me.....

Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment