"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



13.10.11

PRIDE 4

Last night we attended our 4th PRIDE training. It was focused on loss. Not just of the loss to the child but the loss suffered at all different levels of the parents, family, foster family and adoptive family. It was an emotionally tough to think about our possible child suffering so many losses.
Adrien suffered two major losses, first his birthmom and family, then his foster family....I don't want him to feel those losses, I don't want him to be sad.....I know it's normal and realistic and he was lucky with "only" 2 losses.....Some of these children go throw so many losses they no longer feel worthy of love, of security, of anything that is a human's basic need. It was the first time in the last four weeks, that a session "got" to me......I left there wanting to quit my job and open up our home to all the hurting children in the world...it's not an option right now....but soon, it could be a very real possiblity......

1 comment:

  1. I do think it's possible to live with loss and come out on top. Your little guys looks happy and healthy!

    But I hear what you're saying about all the other little people who get shunted from place to place with no permanency :(

    ReplyDelete