"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



28.2.10

I didn't know I wanted it

It has been important to me to have the baby baptized. It's not that I am a practicing Catholic (nor have I ever really been) but I do enjoy a lot of the teachings of the Church.....I feel that it is important to give our son a basis of spirituality and then as an adult he can decide what religion he would like to follow. In deciding to get him Baptized, I have returned to Church.....and find that I am actually enjoying going....the songs are the same, the reading are familiar, the Mass is said the same way and there are tons of people....it's a wonderful sense of community.
In planning Adrien's Baptism, I thought I wanted something small, just family, with a small lunch at our house, nothing big......then talking to my SIL I started thinking.....her family has BIG celebrations for Religious milestones and though I'm not into BIG celebrations I find myself planning for this Baptism. At first I wanted something to celebrate the spiritual side of the ceremony.....small, intimate, family....then I started thinking (and as we all know, it's not good when I start thinking!) This would be a way to celebrate Adrien's Baptism, his introduction to God's family and a way to celebrate his life in our family.....as we got the Adoption Order (though still don't have it in our hot little hands....Snail Mail....figures!) So the celebration went from being at the Church and then our house for lunch, to at the Church, then we've rented a venue (a small one but a beautiful one) and are having it catered (lasagna, 1/2 pig, potatoes, salads etc) and I'm getting mini cakes.....he will have his Baptismal outfit for the Mass and then has another outfit for the party.....And all I want to do is celebrate him.....and though our family is enthralled and in love with his, I wanted to celebrate the joy his brings into our lives everyday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment