"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



23.10.12

Life

It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me and my family.  My mom came up to meet Ryan and see her other grandkids and was planning to stay for about 10 days.  We went to the cottage with her and my brother's family and when we came home my grandmother was complaining of pain.  She went to the doctors and he immediately sent her to the hospital.  Long story short, she is suffering from kidney cancer where her right kidney is totally dead.  My grandmother has a long history of renal failure and now she has to have the kidney removed and actually start dialysis (like they thought 15 years ago).  And once she was admitted, the drama started.  She would have ok days and then Friday night, the family was called to the hospital.  Thankfully, she pulled through but now we wait on pins and needles for the surgery date to be announced while my mom spends every waking moment there.  She seems to be feeling better today and they are hoping to do surgery on Friday.
On Saturday, we had a surprise party for my mom's 60th, though her birthday isn't until December.  It was fun and she enjoyed it....it was under the guise of a surprise shower for Ryan so she was totally snowed.
We met Ryan's birth mom last Thursday.....she seems like a nice kid...and hopefully we will be able to build a good relationship for Ryan.
My sister also came up last Friday so the boys have been submerged with cousins....though Ryan is thrown off of his schedule....we are trying to get things back on track.
Also, hubby and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary over the weekend.  I can't believe we've been married that long!
So, things have been quiet from me as I've been tending to my family and their needs....I haven't spoken to friends in days and feel so disconnected.  Hopefully, things will settle sooner than later!

Brothers

Meeting birth mom

Cousin play

lol

My mom and all the grandkids.....

No comments:

Post a Comment