"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



26.10.12

SLP

We started with the Speech and Language Pathologist(SLP) for Ryan yesterday.  She came for an assessment.....the first thing that I'm excited about is that she believes Ryan has an oral motor delay, not an oral motor disorder.  The difference is that a disorder is life long where a delay can be caught up.  She also believes that he's saying a lot more than we can understand.  She gave us some ideas and strategies to help his language come along.  It was amazing....and I feel hopefully for him!  I am also reading a couple of books to help me understand Sensory Processing difficulties a little better....Things are coming together for the little man and I'm so excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment