"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



29.9.09

Adrien's first birthday



















(Mom's point of view)




I had always pictured celebrating my child's first birthday with a HUGE party at our house, surrounded by family, friends, balloons, presents, flashing cameras, laughter and two perfect birthday cakes that I had made.




Instead (and equally as beautiful) Hubby and I spent our son's first birthday with his foster family in their home. It was great. FM made a tastey dinner and we had a very simple vanilla cake that I made. We spent time playing with Adrien and took him outside to play. It was only our third visit with him and the first time I felt a bond with him starting. (I will write about the first two visits another time)













No comments:

Post a Comment