"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



15.6.10

Adopted


Adrien has been loving the phone lately......... his 7 year old cousin, S, will no longer talk to me on the phone but instantly requests to talk to Adrien after her sisters have spoken to me on the phone. Today was no exception....except when she was done talking to Adrien, she told me that they had talked about adoption at school.... and the different reasons that people adopt. I asked her what she learned, she said that when a mom wasn't ready to be a mom, someone could adopt the baby....but she said she already knew that because of Adrien. She shared that she had talked to her class about her cousin being adopted and that his name was Adrien. I was so proud of her, there is no shame attached to adoption in her eyes, to her, it's how she got her little cousin that she loves so much. The thing that blows me away is that she's in grade 1.....and they are already talking about adoption....growing up adoption was kept secret, private as if something was wrong with it. I didn't want that for my children and I started talking to my nieces and nephews about adoption before we even had Adrien. The older ones get it......I love that about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment