"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



23.11.11

Disney Cruise-day 4, St. Maarten!

After three days at sea, we finally had our first Port-of-Call. St. Maarteen. As we were getting ready to go for breakfast, hubby injuried his neck (slipped disc) and was in so much pain, he decided to stay on the ship and recieve medical attention. So off Adrien and I went, into a different country, just the two of us......We got into a water taxi that took us to a beach. I didn't bring the camera to the beach and was able to just enjoy playing in the sand and water with the boy. As we got off the taxi there were tons of people trying to sell things as 80% of the island's income is from tourism.....so we rented two lounge chairs, an umbrella and got 5 ice cold drinks.....and we were off......we met two other couples from Britian on the beach that we talked to and they watched our stuff while we were in the water......every minute or two, someone was trying to sell me a message, get me to braid my hair or sell me a t-shirt. After a couple of hours, Adrien was hungry and wanted to go back to the boat. So we stopped at a shop (that night was our Pirates IN the Caribean Party) to buy some t-shirts and headed back to the boat. We had lunch, went swimming and headed back to the room. Hubby was sleeping after being given pain med and Adrien quickly fell a sleep....affording me some time to myself on the verandah to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment