"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



19.4.12

I remember

Being first generation Canadian, I spent a lot of my summers in Europe, more specifically in Italy. Tonight my sister sent me a picture of my nephew sitting beside a kid that I mistakened as a girl. She corrected me and it reminded me of something that happened to me one summer in the village. I must have been about 8 or 10....and I loved going to see my grandparents, family and friends. I met a new friend....I thought a beautiful girl will curly longish hair and a love of pink polo shirts. Maurizio (that was "her" name....see where I'm going with this) and I were the best of friends, I got to play with Maurizio's hair, we would hold hands as we walked the streets of the village, we would whisper and giggle together for days. My dad, though, would continuously teased me about my boyfriend but I thought he was just playing with me cause he would always tease me about my best friend in Canada being my boyfriend. Then, one day it happened. For some reason, I realized Maurizio really was a boy....I was heart broken and remember feeling betrayed and when I didn't want to play with him anymore he got really REALLY angry with me and chased me around the village trying to beat me up.....it was his cousin that pulled him off me as I tried to climb a stone wall to get away and I never saw him again....What a memory....I had forgotten about that one for a VERY long time.....


My in the background helping my Nonna making dinner and my cousin in the front. (this was the summer the Maurizio thing happened!)

1 comment: