"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



25.4.12

Junior Kindergarten Visit

Tonight we headed to Adrien's big boy school. He has been pumped about this day for a long time...a time to meet his teacher and new friends....we walked to the school with the wagon making up silly songs about school the whole way. Once we arrived we were surrounded by swarms and swarms of kids.....and their parents and their siblings.....it was just masses of people. The teacher remembered Adrien's name and welcomed into the classroom (there will be about 60+ junior and senior kindergarten kids) and one of the parents said good bye to their child. Adrien immediately started to cry and cling to my leg telling me it was time to go home and he didn't want to go to big boy school. I tried and tried to ease his mind until I remembered that his little buddy from daycare would be there so we set off to find them before the parent meeting started. As we walked into the other classroom, we were greeted by a crying friend and two stressed moms not knowing what to do with their first born children (my friend and I) After two minutes after playing they both calmed down enough for me to go to the meeting with plans for my friend to join me shortly. She came into the meeting about 5 minutes later, reporting that the boys were doing great and happy. We listened to the rest of the meeting, one of us signed up for the PTA and drank in everything the teacher was telling us about backpack sizes and good lunch bags to get and why to label extra socks...etc. After an hour and a half away from our little princes, we were allowed to go and get them....when Adrien saw me he came running so happy....he had fun......YAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment