"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



13.5.11

Our Mother's Day...and other stuff

WOW..it's taken me a while to write about our Mother's Day this year...it was F A B U L O U S..... we spent the day together, outside, cleaning, eating and with neighbours. It appears that my son has some very fantastic photography skills...I was awoken with a picture of him and hubby framed....gorgeous! We then let daddy go back to sleep as we headed outside.....we played with the neighbour kids, cut the grass, cleaned up....ran to Wal-Mart..cause what Mother's Day is complete without a trip to Wal-Mart...then out to lunch with a neighbour....then in for a quick nap before heading out again...we didn't come in until 8:30! It was fabulous....

On the second adoption front...I seem to be dragging my heels....the social worker has contacted me to meet and I keep putting her off....it almost pointless to do all the work now when we won't be doing our training until the fall....and I don't know how I feel about another child.....of course I want another one...our family feels like someone is missing....when I'm driving, I always expect to see two kids in the rear view mirror....I think it's the anticipation of doing it all over again.....I'm referring to the wait.....the wait kills me....OMG....though it could be quicker this time....we'll see.

As for the boy turning 3 next week, I wrote his first mom another letter. Though it's a closed adoption and our identities are protected in the letters, I'm torn as I write them. I am so proud of how well he is doing, that of course I brag about his gains and strengths...and I pray that she reads the letters, not because I want to rub it in but because I can't imagine what she must feel not knowing....not knowing that he is safe, healthy, learning, developing and loved.....I try not to put too many pictures in because I don't want her to be sad but have you seen the kid.....he's stunning...how could I just pick one or two. As his birthday approached I find her creeping into my thoughts more and more....and I pray for him, that one day, he will be able to meet her, have questions answered and know that she did not reject him or abandon him....but that she had her own issues and wasn't able to care for him. It's funny because people joke and the social workers have shared, that if she is to have another child, we would get that child because of the biological link. I don't think she will ever have anymore....I don't know why I feel that way but it's my gut instinct and I'm pretty good with it. My wish for her, on Adrien's 3rd birthday is that she opens the letter that I sent and finds the courage the read it and look at the pictures....and maybe, just maybe write us back.


Meat on a stick ROCKS! if he could get it off the stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment