"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



27.5.11

Pop Rocks


I remember as a kid loving the fizzy candies that popped and fizzed loudly in my mouth, it was delicious and fun....just what candy should be. Then I remember hearing a whole bunch of urban legends about mixing this beloved candy with pop.... and things about it being harmful... like people exploding because the force of the combination was so strong. I remember being able to buy the packages of the crackling candy for about a quarter at the corner store. Then...poof....they were gone....I don't actually know if they were gone for real or gone because I was growing up and my candy eating was becoming more sophisticated and I didn't really want the Pop Rocks anymore. Years passed....and I had run across them on occasion, remembering them fondly and how much fun I had running up to people wide opened mouthed so they could enjoy the crackling too, watching the next generation enjoy them and explore with them. Well, I now have my own next generation who was introduced to this candy goodness......and I have proof of the first encounter!

No comments:

Post a Comment