"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



13.10.09

Everything happens for a reason

I hate that saying......how can everything happen for a reason......what reason is there that a mother loses another child or a father loses his 23 year old daughter is a stupid car accident. What could possibly be the reason? Over the past few days, there has been tragedy in two of my friend's lives.....A mother, who recently lost a newborn, didn't have a heartbeat at an ultrasound.....and a man, who's life revolves around God and his family lost his daughter. Over a weekend when we are to be giving thanks, these two families are mourning the greatest loss known to mankind, that of a child. Being a new mother, I finally "get it", the love a parent has for their child, the love my parents have for me and my siblings....it all makes sense now but being that we are human and always need to rationalize and find the answers to things I want to know what reasons these things happened for.......My heart is breaking for these two families and other families that I know that have lost a child, including my aunt who lost my first cousin at the age of 4....though my cousin passed 27 years ago, my aunt isn't the same, how can you be when something that you have created and love more than life itself is gone. And I know that we should have faith and know that our loved ones are with God, but I guarentee that these parents would give up their souls just to have their children safe in their arms.....please, the next time you are at a loss for words, don't say everything happens for a reason because sometimes, it doesn't

No comments:

Post a Comment