"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



9.10.09

Guilty

I am guilty......for not reading to my kid enough. I don't know what the measurement of enough is but I know that I fall way below the acceptable line. It's not that I don't think it's important....I do thinking reading for pleasure is a dying art. I don't know what it is.....I read a lot myself and try to read to Adrien.....on occassion, when I force myself, he doesn't seem to enjoy it, always wanting to skip ahead or stay on the page with the picture of the dog (ok, ok....I know it's age appropriate behaviour, I'm kidding)...it can be very frustrating......and then I was looking through my August 2009 pictures and found this picture. Honestly, it's time that I raise the reading to my kid bar cause as far as he's concerned, all books are to be that (in the picture) way! His teachers will not be happy with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment