"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break." -Chinese Proverb



14.10.09

Sleep

I think overall as a mom I'm doing ok....I ensure he eats healthy, gets exercise, lots of cuddles and tons of play. The area I'm sucking in is in his sleep routine. When he came home, Adrien would fall asleep in his crib with a bottle and wake up around 5 for another bottle before sleeping for another three hours.....then we stopped giving him his bedtime bottle to him in bed and would rock him while he drank it to sleep. If he cried through the night, he would come into bed with me until his morning bottle. Then he started refusing to go into his crib at all so we got him a toddler bed, which he hasn't slept in for more than an hour at a time....so then he just started sleeping in the double bed, all cozy in the nest of duvets and pillows. I then mimicked that to his crib where he began to sleep again....now.....he won't go near his crib.....cries when you say crib and will only sleep in the double bed.....so it went from him sleeping alone in the double bed, to him waking up to check if I'm there....if not, he'll call for me and I go running afraid he'll fall out and break his head.....But I think I may have a solution.....I will feed him his bottle and not rock him, then lay him down and he will self soothe himself to sleep with me laying beside him and a pillow between us......I will work my way out of the room. The goal is to get him looking like this all on his own....cause I love when he's all cozy and relaxed....like this....


No comments:

Post a Comment